"We have to believe we can still win"

« Older   Newer »

1. Katta*

User deleted

"We have to believe we can still win"
    Cristiano Ronaldo discusses his first season as a Madridista
    Realmadrid.com

Cristiano Ronaldo discussed his first season as a Madridista on Tuesday evening's program Punto Pelota.

"Getting signed by Real Madrid was my dream. This club is what I am all about. I identify with it, its history, its philosophy and its past players. Real Madrid is my club and my home. I want this to be the last time I ever play for. I love this city. When I left for Lisbon when I was only 11 I would cry every day, but the sacrifice paid off to be where I am today."

"I like having responsibility. I have a strong personality. I sometimes make mistakes, but I learn from them. I accept defeats becase I also know they help in the growing process. I am a normal person."

"This is a great team. We have a lot of fun and there is a great atmosphere. Guti is an exceptional player and working by his side is an honor. Higuain is a great partner in attack. Kaka is a good friend and I am sure he will succeed here. Benzema hasn't had such an easy time adjusting, but he will take off soon. Raul is a role model and a great professional. I love working by his side every day, which is why I hope he stays many more years."

"I work out every day in the gym, where I lift weights, stretch, prevent sports hernias and other injuries, sit-ups... But not 3000! I wouldn't have any lower back muscle. Once I am home I rest, which is just as important. Once vacation comes I will have time to have fun."

"My hat-trick performance against Mallorca wasn't my best. I have had some good matches and would have trouble picking the best. Scoring three goals isn't always enough, although scoring makes me feel good. Real Madrid always respects its opponent, but we have conceded the first goal on too many occasions this year. This club should not suffer. Fortunately we have been able to mount comebacks."

"Winning is the most important, but if it can be complemented by good football then even better. I am pleased with my season, but the team is all that counts. You cannot accomplish anything on an individual level without a team. We need to continue battling because I have faith in this squad."

Video:
    http://www.realmadrid.com/cs/Satellite/en/..._still_win_.htm

0 replies since 12/5/2010, 18:31   47 views